Encapsulated mains filters and capacitors smooth out and eliminate voltage surges and leakage currents to ensure the consistent quality of electricity fed into the grid. Here, it is especially important to use dimensionally stable casting compounds with a long service life – for example our polyurethane, epoxy and silicone resins.
Sensitive voltage sensors and instrument transformers for measuring current and voltage are also mould-casted with durable and temperature-resistant Wevo casting compounds.
- Flame-retardant properties in accordance with UL 94 V-0
- Good electrical properties
- Good flow properties
- Good resistance to weathering
- Good impregnation properties
- High long-term temperature resistance
- High resistance to strike-through
- High mechanical stability
- High thermal conductivity
- Low water absorption, damp resistance (Damp Heat Test 1000 hours, 85 % relative humidity, 85 °C)
- Good resistance to temperature shock and temperature change
For current distribution, form-stable potting compounds with high durability are in demand.
Instrument transformers, which are used C13 to measure voltages and currents, e.g. in measuring equipment, are galvanically isolated from live plant components. Wevo casting compounds provide reliable insulation and mechanical stability for instrument transformers. The properties of the casting compound are chosen to match the requirements profile of the transformer and the process parameters (e.g. vacuum or pressure gel casting).
Phone +49 711 167 61-0
Fax +49 711 167 61-44